Calderdale – Senior Building Control Surveyor
Senior Building Control Surveyor
Salary: PO5 – 8, SCP37 – 40, £33,136 to £36,153 per annum (starting point dependent on experience)
Closes: 24 February 2019
- Post Ref: RS006
- 37 hours per week
- Permanent contract
- Based in Halifax town centre
Calderdale is a beautiful metropolitan borough in West Yorkshire, at the heart of the Yorkshire Pennines, between Manchester and Leeds. Its spectacular natural landscape, vibrant towns, quirky culture, tremendous architecture, thriving businesses and community spirit make it a great place to live, work and visit. It has a fabulously rich heritage – it's home to over 4000 listed buildings – and a really exciting future, with regeneration investment in Halifax town centre alone estimated around £100 million over the next few years.
Calderdale Council is an ambitious Council working to be the Best Borough in the North. We are now looking to appoint a Senior Building Control Surveyor to help us to deliver a high quality Building Control service across the borough.
The successful candidate would be instrumental in helping the team deliver their services to a first class standard. You must be forward thinking, able to engage and develop relationships with customers, be able to undertake all aspects of the building control process, which includes, plan vetting, site inspections, enforcement and inspecting dangerous buildings and structures.
You will be expected to make complex and difficult decisions, dealing with larger or more complicated projects, at times working in challenging circumstances, both on site and in the workplace, whilst mentoring and supporting other team members.
- Corporate membership of an appropriate professional surveying body.
- Demonstrable experience of working in Building Control.
- Have a current UK Driving Licence and have access to own vehicle.
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills.
- In depth knowledge of the Building Act 1984 and Building Regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage a varied and busy workload.
- Experience of supervising/managing staff.
In return we offer:
- A full induction and on-going training and development relevant to the role.
- Comprehensive reward and benefits package, which includes generous terms and conditions of employment and access to a wide range of retail discounts and lifestyle savings.
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team.
For an informal discussion about the role before you submit an application, please contact Mike Terry on 01422 392221 or Phil Deacon on 01422 329116.
Apply now on the Calderdale website.
Closing Date: Sunday 24 February 2019
Interview Date: Friday 8 March 2019