The Organisations we support
LABC has links with many organisations. These are just a few of them:
- The Construction Industry Council (CIC) - the representative forum for the professional bodies, research organisations and specialist business associations in the construction industry
- The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) - the world's largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
- The Consortium of European Building Control (CEBC) - the consortium promotes the interest of building control or a government body, active in the development of legislation associated with health, safety, accessibility, energy conservation and sustainability aspects of the built environment or a comparable agency.
- The National Home Improvement Council (NHIC) provides an important source of impartial advice and information on all manner of home improvements including renewable energy technologies
- The Good Homes Alliance (GHA) is a group of housing developers, building professionals and other industry supporters whose aim is to transform the UK housing sector to ensure it creates and maintains Good Homes for all.
- The UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC) is a charity and membership organisation campaigning for a sustainable built environment. The UK-GBC facilitates dialogue between industry and Government to promote greener approaches in the construction sector
- The Fire Sector Federation (FSF) is a not for profit non-government organisation established to act as a forum for the discussion of fire-related issues bringing together representatives from a range of stakeholders which make up the UK Fire Sector.
- The Zero Carbon Hub is a non-profit organisation, created to take day-to-day operational responsibility for achieving the government’s target of delivering zero carbon homes in England from 2016. The Hub works with both government and industry with the focus on raising build standards and reducing the risk associated with implementing the Zero Carbon Homes policy.
- The Considerate Constructors Scheme - Started in 1997, the Scheme is a non-profit-making, independent organisation founded by the industry to improve its image.
- The Building Control Alliance is a unique industry group made up of representatives from all the organisations directly involved in building control in England and Wales.
- The Gas Safety Trust previously operated under name of The CORGI Trust until March 2010. Originally established in 2005 as a registered charitable body, the GST has become the UK’s leading gas safety charity with the key objectives of further improving gas/fossil fuel safety for the public and industry throughout the UK and reducing the incidents of death and serious injury from carbon monoxide (CO) exposure.
- The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) is the lead qualifying body for Architectural Technology and represents those practising and studying within the discipline
- The Building Research Establishment (BRE) The BRE Group companies provides a complete range of consultancy, testing, certification, commissioned research and training covering all aspects of the built environment and associated industries.
- The Institute of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate of Great Britain (ICWCI) - The ICWCI is the professional body that supports quality construction through inspection.
- To help reduce skills gaps and increase productivity within the construction industry. we're working with the CITB to deliver a national programme of technical roadshows that are being delivered at face to face events and through online learning.