Skip to main content

Rydych yma

Cwestiynau cyffredin

What are the entry requirements for the 2015 awards?

Entries are only accepted where the building control work was carried out by a local authority building control team. Entries will not be accepted where the building control work has been carried out by an approved inspector.

Projects entered must have been completed between 1 January and 31 December 2014. All entries must be made via the LABC online form. Entries in any other format will not be accepted.

Do I have to pay to enter the awards?

No, the awards are free to enter

Can I view the entry forms prior to entering online so I know what the questions are?

Yes you can view the entry forms as PDF's. Please see the links below for each of the nomination types

Best Local Builder or Traditional Craftsperson

LABC Site Supervisor of the Year

Best Partnership with a Local Authority Building Control Team

Site Based Categories (please note the questions are the same for all the 9 site based categories not mentioned above)

I cannot view or edit the awards nomination form, why?

You must be registered as an LABC member or user to view, edit and complete the entry form. Click here for member and other user registration. You will only need to do this once, making sure that you keep your username and password safe.

If you are a client and not a member of LABC you need to register as an ‘other user’. Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found here.

How do I know which local authority and LABC region my project is in?

Please enter the postcode of the project you are entering into our ‘find council by postcode search'. This will give you the name of the local authority and region your project is in. For Best local builder, site supervisor and partnership categories please use the local authority you have the relationship with.

I have typed in the name of my local authority but I am unable to begin the nomination process?

Once you begin typing in the name of your local authority it should come up as an option in the drop down list. Please select your authority from this list, if you do not select it from the drop down list the begin button will not activate. If your local authority does not appear please call the awards team on 0207 091 6869/6873.

How do I get a unique reference number and what is it?

When you have entered your Local authority and pressed ‘begin’ your unique reference number will appear at the top of the page. Please make a note of this number as this allows you to access your form if you complete some of it and want to return to it at a later date using the save for later option.

I can’t find the category I want to enter on the entry form?

There are 12 categories in all, split into four different nomination types on the entry form. One of these  types is ‘Site based categories’. When you choose this option a choice of all the site based categories appears (nine in total) and you can select the one/s you wish to enter.

I want to enter one project in to two categories - can I do this on the same form?

This depends on the nomination type.  If you wish to enter up to four of the site based categories you can do this using one form as the questions are the same for each category. If you wish to enter Best local builder or traditional craftsperson, LABC site supervisor of the year or the Best partnership category you will need to do separate forms as these categories have different questions.

Can I enter my project into as many categories as I like?

Each project can be entered into a maximum of four categories.

I want to access the entry form and return to it at a later date. Can I do this?

Yes, when you begin your entry you will be given a unique reference number.  You can view the form or begin completing it and then press the ‘Save for Later’ button at the top of the form.  By using your unique reference you can access your form whenever you want and a make changes before submitting the final version.

How does the endorsement process work?

Local authority building control surveyors - if you input your own details in 'contact information' at the beginning of the form the entry will automatically be endorsed. However if you are just contributing to a form i.e. It is the clients details under 'contact information' an endorsement email will be sent to the head of your local authority building control team.

I want other people to contribute to the entry form, how do I do this?

A maximum of four people can contribute to the entry form, using the unique reference number. If other people want to access and edit the form they must be registered on the website. (Please note the unique reference number can be used on a maximum of four IP addresses i.e. a maximum of four different computers).

I am having difficulty uploading my photographs, why is this?

Each photograph must be uploaded as a JPEG or PNG file and be less than 5MB and a minimum of 1000 pixels.  If you are unsure of the size of your photograph, right click on the image and select ‘properties’ and then ‘details’.  The information in the ‘image’ section will tell you how many pixels your image is. If you scroll down to ‘File’ this will tell you the size of your image in KB and MB.