Grenfell: Updates and statements
This page highlights the latest advice and announcements around Grenfell and its aftermath.
Grenfell MHCLG updates
Final Hackitt Report published (17 May 2018)
- Consultation on the use of desktop studies (11 April 2018)
- Consultation on proposed amendments to Approved Document B (11 April 2018)
- Dame Judith Hackitt's Interim Report: Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety published
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry Terms of reference - the first hearing is planned for 14 September 2017 (30 August 2017).
- Advice for building owners on the large-scale wall system test with ACM cladding with a fire retardant polyethylene filler with PIR foam insulation. Advice for building owners: large-scale wall system test 3 (8 August 2017).
- Government completes large-scale fire safety test programme - view on the DCLG website here. (25 August 2017)
- Further results published from government’s fire testing programme - updated results and advice for building owners from the Department of Communities and Local Government. View the DCLG website here. (8 August 2017).
- An independent review of building regulations and fire safety has been announced - view on the DCLG website here. (28 July 2017)
- The DCLG have set up the Building Safety Programme for landlords, housing associations and local authorities to help identify buildings of concern - sign up to receive regular updates. (20 July 2017 and regularly updated)
LABC news items
- The Built Environment Professions back a joined-up approach to respond to the Grenfell Tower disaster. (10 July 2017)
- The independent expert panel on safety has advised that further testing should be carried out on cladding and insulation in order to assist landlords in ensuring the safety of their buildings. These tests will be carried out by the Building Research Establishment (BRE). View the DCLG Press Release here. (6 July 2017)
- Statement from the Building Control Alliance (BCA) (5 July 2017)
Grenfell Tower fire: Response and tackling fire risk in high rise blocks (House of Commons Briefing Paper): https://www.labc.co.uk/guidance/resource-library/grenfell-tower-fire-response-and-tackling-fire-risk-high-rise-blocks-house
For media enquiries, or to arrange an interview, contact Louise Williams on 020 7091 6860 or email email@example.com
Updated May 2018