North Wales celebrated the best in Welsh construction last week at the North Wales Building Excellence Awards 2017. Covering the areas of Wrexham, Gwynedd, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Conwy – North Wales is one of two LABC awards ceremonies that will decide who will represent Wales in the overall LABC Grand Final awards in November.
Over 200 people attended the ceremony at the Village Hotel Club in Ewloe, including comedian for the night – Paul Boardman (son of Stan Boardman) providing the laughs for the night.
Congratulation to the winners in each category:
- Best Extension – SA Davies Construction
- Best Dwelling – Gwyn Pritchard
- Best Small Developer – SG Estates
- Best Volume Developer – Beech Developments
- Best Social Housing – Brenig Construction
- Best Public Building – RL Davies
- Best Educational Development – Wynne Construction
- Best Small Commercial – Red Tree Building Contractors
- Best Large Commercial – Moneypenny
- Best Inclusive Design – Stonewest Construction
- Best Partnership – Bangor University and Gwynedd council
- Best Site Manager – Pat Kelly (Anwyl Homes)
The winners were presented with their awards by sponsors of the event including CEW, Worcester Bosch, CIOB, FMB, Home&Build, InstaGroup, Jewson, Polypipe Terrain, TLX, LABC Acoustics and LABC Warranty and Richard Scott President of LABC .
Watch out for the South Wales Building Excellence awards at the end of April.