Registered Details - Insulated brick cladding

Blog Post
Insulated brick cladding

X Clad and P Clad External Insulated Cladding Systems are an insulated clay brick slip systems for use as protective/decorative cladding with or without a cavity over a solid masonry, timber-and steel-frame, and masonry external walls in new and existing domestic and non-domestic buildings.

I Clad Internal Cladding System is gypsum plasterboard used with clay brick slip facings for use as non-structural, decorative cladding for internal walls of timber and steel-frame construction above the damp-proof course in domestic and non-domestic buildings.

The Eurobrick Insulated Brick Cladding System, which is LABC Registered, can be used above and below the damp-proof course if suitable brick slips and mortars are specified in accordance with the certificate holder’s advice to resist the higher moisture levels. LABC has assessed that the system will improve the weather resistance and reduce thermal transmission of a wall and provide a decorative finish.

However, it may only be installed where other routes for moisture penetration have been dealt with separately and where dampness, other than that caused solely by condensation, is not evident on the inner surface of the wall. The system can also contribute to minimising condensation on internal wall surfaces.

For more information on these products please contact Eurobrick Systems Limited on 0117 971 7117.

LABC Registered Details – now known as LABC Assured – is a one-off certification process proving compliance with building regulations and standards across England, Wales & Scotland. Registering your product, system or house type with LABC increases industry confidence while also raising the profile of your company.


Please Note: Every care was taken to ensure the information was correct at the time of publication. Any written guidance provided does not replace the user’s professional judgment. It is the responsibility of the duty holder or person carrying out the work to ensure compliance with relevant building regulations or applicable technical standards.


Cladding on Property next door to myself.

Submitted 2 years 7 months ago

Property next to mine was cladded some years ago.
We share an ‘Entry’.
I have noticed damp areas in my parlour and shed, both areas adjacent to our shared entry.
I wonder if this is as a result of the cladding/ v non cladding imbalance within the entry area,(moisture imbalance).
This has only occurred since the cladding was installed and wonder if you have received any similar enquiries?

Reply: Cladding on Property next door to myself

Submitted 2 years 7 months ago

Hi, thanks for your comment.

For this specific issue regarding damp in the area it would be best to discuss with your local building control team. You can find their details by entering the postcode of your property in the 'find your council' bar at the top of our website.



Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Sign up to the building bulletin newsletter

Over 48,000 construction professionals have already signed up for the LABC Building Bulletin.

Join them and receive useful tips, practical technical information and industry news by email once every 6 weeks.

Subscribe to the Building Bulletin