North Lincolnshire – Senior Building Control Officer
North Lincolnshire Council
Senior Building Control Officer
Salary: Grade 4 £16,839 / Grade 5 £17,795 / Grade 6 £19,623 / Grade 7 £23,630 / Grade 8 £28,767
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Closes: 21 May 2019 at midnight
- Post Number: PLRE4304
- Location: Scunthorpe area
- Contact Name: Guy Hobson
- Contact Number: 01724 297404
- Site Name: Church Square House
- Site Address: 30-40 High Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6NL
- Criminal Records Check: Not Required
- English fluency duty under the Immigration Act 2016: As you are applying for a customer facing role, you must have the ability to converse easily with customers' and provide advice/guidance in accurate spoken English.
The Building Control Team require an enthusiastic Building Control Officer who is intent on developing their career in Building Control.
They will assist the team in delivering a high quality customer focused service. This is a career-graded post and continued education is expected.
Carrying out a range of duties including plan checking and site inspections, and be part of the out of hours dangerous building rota applicants should have:
- Relevant experience in Building Control with good knowledge of the Building Regulations
- Completed a minimum of ONC Building or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to prioritise, meet targets and work under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Enforcement procedures including PACE
- Ability to get around all parts of North Lincolnshire
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Guy Hobson, Building Control Team Leader on (01724) 297404.