LABC Assured (previously Registered Details) is a one-off building regulations and standards assessment process for England, Wales and Scotland.
As the only scheme of its kind supported by all local authorities, LABC Assured can:
- Streamline the building regulations application process.
- Increase industry confidence in the building regulation performance and suitability of each registration.
- Make the building control process faster, easier and cheaper by simplifying the submission route.
- Provide a ready made library of checked systems and products for specifiers.
- Help ensure simpler structural warranty approval through our association with our colleagues at LABC Warranty.
To see if a specific product is currently covered by LABC Warranty, please consult the product’s LABC certificate which can be found by using the 'Search for an LABC Assured registration' button below.
Following the Government’s announcement on 19th January 2021 that a new regulator was to be established in respect of construction materials within the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS), together with the details emerging from phase 2, module 2 of the Grenfell Tower Public Inquiry, the LABC Board of Directors instigated a comprehensive review of the LABC Assured scheme. This review, conducted in accordance with the general criteria within ISO 10965:2012, has now concluded and its findings reported to the LABC Board, who have resolved that the LABC Assured scheme should be discontinued.
This means that:
- No new applications will now be considered.
- Existing registrations will remain in place until their expiry date in accordance with the terms and conditions issued at the time of application, whereupon they will not be considered for renewal and will be subsequently removed from the LABC register/website at the date of expiry.
- Where registrations have recently expired, they will not now be considered for renewal and will be removed from the LABC register/website from 1st December 2021.
- Where applications have been submitted and are in the process of being assessed or being peer reviewed, these assessments/peer reviews will be completed and where successful the application will be registered for a period of 12 months from the completion of the peer review and will then be subsequently removed from the LABC register/website at the date of expiry.
- Where further details have been requested to complete an assessment and that information has not been forthcoming, it will not now be possible to submit further information.
When a registration has expired, guidance on ways of establishing the fitness of materials can be found in the Approved Document that supports regulation 7: Materials and Workmanship 2013 edition incorporating 2018 amendments – for use in England or the parallel Approved Document for building work in Wales.
As part of the closure of the scheme, LABC will continue to support both the OPSS in the establishment of the Construction Products Regulator and the ongoing Grenfell Inquiry, together with our continued contribution to the wider Building Safety Programme to bring about the identified reform and associated culture change.
The assessment of systems by LABC Warranty will remain in place with information available via firstname.lastname@example.org
It has never been the case that a product or system had to be registered on the LABC Assured scheme for building control to accept it. The lack of an LABC Assured (Registered Detail) certificate does not mean that a product or system cannot be specified on a Building Regs application. As with all building control applications, the determination of compliance and suitability of a product or system being used within a particular application is down to the individual local authority.
Architects, specifiers and builders
Find an LABC Assured system, solution or building type:
D.S. Ar ôl y newidiadau diweddar i Reoliad Adeiladu 7 (2), mae rhai cofrestriadau cynhyrchion wedi'u dileu dros dro oddi ar wefan yr LABC i ganiatáu newidiadau i gwmpas cofrestriad. Os nad oes gan gynhyrchion a systemau ddigon o dystiolaeth ategol i brofi eu bod nhw'n cyflawni Dosbarthiad Ewropeaidd A2-s1,d0 bydd eglurhad yn cael ei ychwanegu i nodi na fyddan nhw'n addas mwyach i'w defnyddio ar adeiladau perthnasol â llawr o leiaf 18m uwchben lefel y ddaear ac sy'n cynnwys un neu fwy o anheddau; sefydliad; neu ystafell at ddibenion preswyl (ac eithrio unrhyw ystafell mewn hostel, gwesty neu dŷ preswyl).
Manufacturers and distributors
Apply for LABC Assured status and for more information, contact a member of our LABC Assured team on 020 8616 8120 or email email@example.com.
Search for a detail that offers cost-effective compliance.