About Local Authority Building Control
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) represents all local authority building control teams in England and Wales. Here's what we do and who we are:
- We believe all new buildings, conversions and extensions can be delivered to the right standards by coordinating the design, specification, construction and completion phases. Our surveyors have a public service ethos and local councils care about the long-term safety, inclusivity and performance of buildings in your communities.
- Our network of over 3,500 professional surveyors will provide you with fast, impartial, expert advice.
- Whether you're a home or property owner, architect, plan drawer, developer, building contractor or another professional, we'll work with you to ensure your buildings are safe, healthy, inclusive and efficient, and meet the standards set by the Building Regulations. What are the Building Regulations?
- We also advise on public safety, consumer protection, safety at sports grounds, dangerous structures and we routinely work with the emergency services and other functions such as HSE, Trading Standards and Environmental Health to deliver safe buildings.
- Professionals or homeowners? We provide CPD, training events and free guidance aimed at you.
"We've had a very good working relationship with LABC over the last 15 years and get on really well with their common sense approach to the Regulations."
– Chris Parker, Marketing Manager Newland Homes