Why choose local council building control?
Choosing your local authority building control team is a positive choice and below are just some of the reasons why.
Five reasons why local authority building control offers peace of mind
- We're an independent second pair of eyes who can offer you reassurance that your project is on track.
- We're a 3,500 strong network of professional building surveyors and technical support staff. This means that we can give fast local support to you anywhere and regularly work with planners, conservation officers, access officers, fire services, highways and other organisations - anyone whose input your project requires.
- We offer a ‘not-for-profit’ service and competitive fees for doing a really good job. We are always there for you, even when things get difficult or the unexpected happens - we know what pressures you're under.
- LABC works with manufacturers, trade bodies, professional institutions and other recognised bodies to ensure that standards are well-defined and easy to apply.
- We provide training and guidance, CPD and training events to help up-skill members and customers. We also provide impartial help and advice direct to homeowners.
...Building Control is intrinsic to doing what Councils do, they are place shapers, making buildings and society safe...Lord Porter, Chairman of the Local Government Association