LABC Charity of the Year 2023 YoungMinds
YoungMinds is a charity that focuses on and supports mental health of children and young people. LABC is supporting it for a second year following it being chosen by LABC’s last President, Heather Jones as her charity in 2022.
YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people's mental health. Their campaign 'you matter' launched in 2020 with the purpose of stopping young people from reaching a crisis point with their mental health. More young people than ever before need mental health support and accessing it quickly, makes a critical difference. When young people need help and can’t get it, it feels like they’re being told they don’t matter.
YoungMinds wants to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health and all young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.
How you can help?
- Make the online world a safer and kinder place for young people to spend time.
- Use the power of social media to raise awareness.
- If you’re aged between 14-25, and you live in the UK, Join Young Minds Digital Writers Pool and become one of their bloggers to help spread the word.
- If you're a parent with a young person at home, read the Parents A-Z guide to support for advice on how to help your child with their feelings and behaviour.
- Get your school to join the 360° Schools Community.
We want to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health, and all young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.YoungMinds