About Local Authority Building Control
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) represents all local authority building control teams in England and Wales. Here's what we do and who we are:
- LABC teams are independent, impartial and not for profit. Public service building control is committed to safeguarding the safety and protection of our communities by constantly reviewing surveyor competence and ensuring the performance and standards of our teams.
- We believe all new buildings, conversions and extensions can be delivered to the right standards by coordinating the design, specification, construction and completion phases. The surveyors in our local councils care about the long-term safety, inclusivity and performance of buildings in your communities.
- Our network of around 3,800 professional surveyors will provide you with fast, impartial, expert advice.
- Whether you're a home or property owner, architect, plan drawer, developer, building contractor or another professional, we'll work with you to ensure your buildings are safe, healthy, inclusive and efficient, and meet the standards set by the Building Regulations. What are the Building Regulations?
- We also advise on public safety, consumer protection, safety at sports grounds, dangerous structures and we routinely work with the emergency services and other functions such as HSE, Trading Standards and Environmental Health to deliver safe buildings.
- Professional or property owner? We provide CPD, training events and free guidance aimed at you.
Speak to your local building control team
Enter your postcode to contact your local council's building control team directly.