Local authority building control is by far the largest provider of building control services to the construction industry
With the expert knowledge to deal with any building regulations issue, no other organisation has the same breadth or depth of technical expertise or experience.
How are we helping house builders?
- Nationally resourced organisation with a locally delivered service meaning...
- Local site knowledge and engagement
- Local employment, often with a same day inspection service
- Sustainable method of delivery – by using our local surveyors we minimise travel, spend more time working on your project and help reduce your carbon footprint
- Reduced cost thanks to...
- Services charged at cost - no profit margin or shareholders
- The provision of a commercially aware, proactive service
- Speedy resolution of queries
- A pragmatic and innovative approach
- Reduced risk because of...
- Unparalleled resource of experienced surveyors, providing expert technical advice
- Established relationships with local fire services, highways etc
- Consistency of interpretation
Help for house builders
We have a number of schemes and propositions which are aimed at helping you:
LABC Acoustics – Offering a UKAS Accredited Sound Insulation Testing service as required by Approved Document E (2003).
Fire Risk Assessments - With over 120 qualified fire risk assessors, LABC Consult is the largest FRACS accredited fire risk assessment team in the UK.
Air Pressure Testing - Air pressure testing is a method of measuring how much air is leaking into and out of a building.
Energy and Sustainability - Our specialist trained surveyors provide the widest range of energy and sustainability advice, testing and calculations.
Fire Engineering - Our expert engineers excel in fire and smoke modelling, evacuation analysis, structural fire engineering and radiation analysis.
LABC Warranty – Whether you are building or converting homes to rent or sell, we are confident we can provide you with the protection your projects deserve.
Partner Authority Scheme - Regardless of a project’s geographical location, LABC’s Partner Authority Scheme means you can choose to work with any local authority building control surveyor to undertake all pre-application and design work.
LABC Registered Details - A one-off certification process proving compliance with building regulations and standard across England, Wales and Scotland.
House Type Approval - As a housebuilder or housing association you can arrange to have your standard designs/details examined for compliance with the Building Regulations just once and under the provisions of the Local Authority National Type Approval Confederation (LANTAC) they will be accepted by all local authorities across England and Wales without any further checking (other than local site related issues). Email Martin Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring him on 07766 493885 for further details.
Registered Construction Details - A set of thermal details designed to minimise heat loss through weak points in the building envelope, vital to the performance of the building.
LABC Building Excellence Awards - Celebrating your achievements in the construction industry, rewarding excellent buildings, outstanding companies and individuals that go the extra mile. We have categories specific for house builders of all sizes, from Best Local Builder to Best New Housing Development.
Find your local authority building control team using our postcode finder.