LABC Charity of the Year 2022 YoungMinds
YoungMinds is a charity that focuses on and supports mental health of children and young people.
YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity fighting for children and young people's mental health. Their campaign 'you matter' launched in 2020 with the purpose to stop young people from reaching a crisis point with their mental health. More young people than ever before need support for their mental health and accessing that support quickly, can make a critical difference to those young people. When they need help and can’t get it, it feels like they’re being told they don’t matter.
No young person should feel alone!
Young people are vital for our future and I aspire during my year as president to enthuse them to become future building control professionals!Heather Jones
How you can help?
- Make the online world a safer and kinder place for young people to spend time.
- Use the power of social media to raise awareness.
- If you’re aged between 14-25, and you live in the UK, Join Young Minds Digital Writers Pool and become one of their bloggers to help spread the word.
- If you're a parent with a young person at home, read the Parents A-Z guide to support for advice on how to help your child with their feelings and behaviour.
- Get your school to join the 360° Schools Community.
We want to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health, and all young people get the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.YoungMinds