Eligibility, categories & judging criteria
The LABC Building Excellence Awards in 2021 are a three stage process beginning with nominations made in each of our 12 regions. These entries will be judged regionally with winners then being judged for the national awards.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we’re unable to hold regional events this year but will be holding two national events celebrating Places and People in early 2022.
For information on who can enter, why you should enter and how the awards work, visit the About the LABC Awards page.
Am I eligible?
If you're a building control surveyor or anyone else involved in a building project, these are your eligibility requirements for the 2021 awards:
- Building control work will have been carried out by a local authority building control team (not by an approved inspector).
- Projects were completed between 1 January and 31 December 2020.
- Entries are submitted via the online form.
Our Award categories
New for 2021 – categories are now split into People and Places and the winners will be announced at two national events in early 2022.
- Best residential extension
- Best conversion or alteration to an existing home
- Best conversion to a single new home
- Best individual new home
- Best New Housing Development (split into small, medium and high volume depending on the number of units)
- Best social housing development (split into small and large volume depending on the number of units)
- Best Purpose Build Accommodation (e.g. student accommodation or a care home)
- Best non-residential extension or alteration
- Best non-residential conversion
- Best non-residential new build
- Best public or community building
- Best residential and small commercial designer
- Best residential and small commercial builder
- Best residential site manager
- Best non-residential site manager
- Construction Specialist of the Year
- Public Service Superstar
- Local Authority Building Control Newcomer of the Year
- Best Partnership with a Local Authority Building Control Team
- Local Authority Building Control Team of the Year
Not sure how to enter? Check out our quick guide on how to submit your entry.