Eligibility, categories & judging criteria
The LABC Building Excellence Awards in 2022 are a three stage process beginning with nominations made in each of our 12 regions. These entries will be judged regionally with winners then being judged for the national awards.
Like last year we will have one national award ceremony taking place in London on Friday 27 January 2023.
For information on who can enter, why you should enter and how the awards work, visit the About the LABC Awards page.
Am I eligible?
If you're a building control surveyor or anyone else involved in a building project, these are your eligibility requirements for the 2022 awards:
- Building control work will have been carried out by a local authority building control team (not by an approved inspector).
- Projects were completed between 1 January and 31 December 2021.
- Entries are submitted via the online form.
Our Award categories
Categories are now split into People and Projects and the winners will be announced at our national award ceremony.
- Best residential extension
- Best conversion or alteration to an existing home
- Best conversion to a single new home
- Best individual new home
- Best New Housing Development (split into small, medium and high volume depending on the number of units)
- Best social housing development (split into small and large volume depending on the number of units)
- Best Purpose Build Accommodation (e.g. student accommodation or a care home)
- Best non-residential extension or alteration
- Best non-residential conversion
- Best non-residential new build
- Best public or community building
- Best residential and small commercial designer
- Best residential and small commercial builder
- Best residential site manager
- Best non-residential site manager
- Construction Specialist of the Year
- Public Service Superstar
- Local Authority Building Control Newcomer of the Year
- Best Partnership with a Local Authority Building Control Team
- Local Authority Building Control Team of the Year
- LABC Warranty Site Manager of the Year (this award is managed by LABC Warranty, please contact your LABC Warranty account manager for further details)