Eligibility, categories & judging criteria
The LABC Building Excellence Awards are a two-stage process beginning in each of our 12 regions at events starting in the spring and running through to mid summer. For information on who can enter, why you should enter and how the awards work, visit the About the LABC Awards page.
Am I eligible?
If you're a building control surveyor or anyone else involved in a building project, these are your eligibility requirements for the 2020 awards:
- Building control work will have been carried out by a local authority building control team (not by an approved inspector).
- Projects were completed between 1 January and 31 December 2019.
- Entries were submitted via the online form.
Our Award categories
For the 2020 Awards (projects completed in 2019) there are 12 categories:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing home
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building or conversion
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development (split into small and large during judging)
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service building
- Best educational building
- Best commercial project (split into small and large during judging)
- Best inclusive building
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
- LABC Construction Professional of the year
Please note that categories 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 are referred to on the entry form as site based categories.