About the LABC Building Excellence Awards
Entries for the 2021 awards will open in April!
The largest business to business awards in the building control sector, the LABC Building Excellence Awards recognise quality in all types of building project and individual contributions in the construction industry. If you've used local authority building control for your project, enter the awards to:
- Gain recognition for your achievements
- Increase your company's profile and reputation
- Reward your team for excellent work
- Qualify for our two national awards celebrating 'Places' and 'People'
- Network with clients and peers at the awards
Video: hear from our 2019 winners at the LABC Grand Finals 2019
What are the LABC Building Excellence Awards?
The awards celebrate your achievements in the construction industry. They reward excellent buildings, outstanding companies, and partnerships and individuals that go that extra mile.
The LABC network covers all local authorities in England and Wales and is split into 12 regions
Nominations are made regionally – with all entries going through to the regional judging. Judges will select regional winners in each category who will be automatically shortlisted for the chance to win the coveted national awards.
Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we’re unable to hold regional award ceremonies this year but will be holding two national awards in early 2022 celebrating ‘Places’ and ‘People’. Find out more about the People and Place Awards and our new categories for 2021
It’s not all about looks! We consider other important factors including:
- The challenges you faced in meeting or exceeding building regulations and how you overcame them
- Effective working relationships with LABC surveyors
- Outstanding craftsmanship
- Innovation and problem solving
- Sustainability and high performance
- Site and project management
- Inclusivity - where applicable is there evidence of an inclusive approach that exceeds part M
Who can enter (and other useful information)?
Entries can be submitted by anyone involved in the project, including contractors, architects, clients and local authority building control surveyors.
All entries will be endorsed by a local authority building control surveyor.