First national event for LABC's Hub for construction professionals
LABC launched the 'Construction Professionals' Standards Hub' at the beginning of the year to provide a new information source for a wide range of professionals across the industry. The Hub's objective is to keep construction industry firms and practitioners up to date with the latest industry developments, provide a knowledge base and opportunities to strengthen expertise and boost competency in regulatory building standards.
The first event is a one-day conference for construction industry professionals on 27 March focussing on fire safety in the context of the changes emerging as a result of the Hackitt Review.
The event is designed specifically for duty holders, principal designers, engineers, procurement specialists, principal contractors plus local authority building control managers and surveyors.
Commenting, LABC Deputy Chief Executive, Lorna Stimpson said, "The whole industry is changing with a new focus on standards and competency. LABC's Construction Professionals' Standards Hub has been created for professionals who share our vision and values to keep them up to date with the latest developments adding knowledge, support and networking. We will be working with other organisations to provide depth and breadth of content and I encourage professionals and duty holders to join."
The conference takes place on 27 March at Jury's Inn, Hinckley Island, Leicestershire, with more than 200 construction professionals and exhibitors attending.
Construction professionals registering for the Hub will get access to:
- Briefings and opinions on regulatory changes
- Fast information and analysis on standards issues
- Views on compliance in design, specification, procurement and contracting
- Updates on testing and certification
- Regular reports and updates covering England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland
- Access to technical information, reports and research
- Events and conferences on construction quality
- Regular communications to keep up-to-date on latest industry development
- Exclusive CPD opportunities
- Opportunities to network with other construction professionals
For media enquiries, or to arrange an interview, please contact: Dan Falchikov firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8616 8120.
Add new comment
Sign up to the building bulletin newsletter
Over 48,000 construction professionals have already signed up for the LABC Building Bulletin.
Join them and receive useful tips, practical technical information and industry news by email once every 6 weeks.