Testing, consultancy, noise and vibration surveys
LABC Acoustics offer a UKAS Accredited Sound Insulation Testing* service as required by Approved Document E (2003) of the Building Regulations. We can also provide design and consultancy, noise & vibration survey services together with advice and assistance in obtaining planning permission where noise and vibration are an issue; we have represented numerous clients at public inquires and Appeals and are adept in expert witness advice offering advice in litigation cases.
Noise and vibration complaints
LABC Acoustics can advise on noise nuisance from either the complainant’s perspective or the noise emitter. Services include:
- Measuring and assessing noise against the current British Standards BS4142
- Offering expert witness advice on suppression and control of noise from industrial and commercial applications
- Long term monitoring of background noise and specific noise sources
- Triaxial monitoring of vibration peak particle velocity and event vibration dosage values (VDV)
- Rail impact studies
- Speed bump annoyance (vibration and noise for residential dwellings)
- Human response to vibration: assessments in accordance with BS6472
- Building response / damage criteria in accordance with BS7385
- Vibration impact studies in accordance with planning requirements
- Vibration mitigation advice for vibration issues and re-radiated noise problems from M and E installations in buildings
- Monitoring construction noise and vibration and section 60 agreements
- Full waveform or histogram (strip chart) vibration monitoring
- 24 hour noise monitoring including all the statistical and energy based parameters (LA01, LA10, LA90, LAeq, SEL etc)
- Technical reporting to show compliance with pre agreed noise and vibration limits (Section 60, Planning Limits etc)
- Noise prediction
LABC Acoustics are also experts in school acoustics design and are able to assist in all areas of acoustic design including internal sound pressure level criteria, noise egress, building envelope design and attenuating M&E noise.
Contact us on 0121 270 3333 to request a quote or to discuss your development. Alternatively, download our leaflet. We are truly competitive, and our UKAS status* ensures confidence in the service we provide.
*Noise.co.uk (UKAS 2694)
LABC Consultancy Services
LABC can also offer fire risk assessments, building control, acoustics testing, air pressure testing, energy and sustainability services.