Energy and Sustainablity
LABC supplies the widest range of energy and sustainability advice, testing and calculations to homeowners and construction professionals. Most services are provided by our specialist trained building control surveyors and include:
- New build SAP and EPC calculations
- Energy calculations for domestic extensions
- BREEAM assessments
- Domestic water usage calculations
- Domestic and non-domestic air tightness testing
If the service you need isn't listed please contact us.
Removal of the Code for Sustainable Homes
The Code for Sustainable Homes has now effectively been removed from planning policy in England; it was removed in Wales in 2014. This applies to all new sites. This is from the Ministerial Statement:
‘…local planning authorities and qualifying bodies preparing neighbourhood plans should not set in their emerging Local Plans, neighbourhood plans, or supplementary planning documents, any additional local technical standards or requirements relating to the construction, internal layout or performance of new dwellings. This includes any policy requiring any level of the Code for Sustainable Homes to be achieved by new development; the government has now withdrawn the code, aside from the management of legacy cases.’
LABC’s understanding is this:
- All new planning applications for housing will not be required to achieve any specific Code standards
- All existing planning applications (or when a site has started) will need to continue with Code standards (unless the condition is removed) and as such we will continue to service our clients.
- Housing associations and Registered Social Landlords will still need to apply Code standards under the National Affordable Housing Programme
Should you need any further information or advice on energy and sustainability please contact us.