LABC provide a complete building solution service for all social housing developments. We provide a number of services for your social housing project from building control, building warranties, fire risk assessments, air pressure testing and energy efficiency tests to make sure your project is safely constructed and meets the latest environmental standards.
How your local authority building control team can help
Using a local council building control surveyor means you can be assured your project is in safe hands:
- Pre-applicaton advice - we can help you manage your project from beginning to end
- Single point of contact – always close by
- An unparalleled source of expert technical advice
- Unique local knowledge and access to all relevant records such as structures and ground conditions
- Established relationships with planning, fire service, highways, environmental health and licencing
- Speedy resolution of queries
- Consistency of interpretation of the building regulations
- Value – as a not-for-profit operation services are always charged at cost
You will need a building regulation application for your development. To complete your development you may also need some or all of the following (this list is not exhaustive):
- Planning consent
- Building consent
- A SAP assessment
- A social housing warranty
- Acoustics testing
- An EPC calculation
- An air pressure test
The LABC Social Housing Warranty provides Housing Associations and Registered Social Landlords with up to 12 years cover on residential developments and conversion projects. This includes a 'Right to acquire' facility providing tenants, who decide to purchase their property within the first 5 years following build completion, with a new 10 year warranty giving up to 15 years cover.
For more information on any of the above please contact Gareth Barnbrook at email@example.com or by phone on 07703 838 830.