Eligibility, categories & judging criteria
The LABC Building Excellence Awards are a two-stage process beginning in each of our 12 regions at events starting in the spring and running through to mid summer. For information on who can enter, why you should enter and how the awards work, visit About the LABC Awards.
Am I eligible?
If you're a building control surveyor or anyone else involved in a building project, here are your eligibility requirements for the 2017 awards:
- Building control work will have been carried out by a local authority building control team (not by an approved inspector).
- Projects will have been completed between 1 January and 31 December 2016.
- Entries will have been submitted via the online form.
Our Award categories
For the 2017 Awards (projects completed in 2016) there are 12 categories:
- Best extension or alteration to an existing home
- Best local builder or traditional craftsperson
- Best change of use of an existing building or conversion
- Best individual new home
- Best new housing development
- Best social or affordable new housing development
- Best public service building
- Best educational building
- Best commercial project
- Best Inclusive Building
- Best partnership with a local authority building control team
- LABC site agent of the year
Read an explanation of each of our categories and the judging criteria for each.
...and read How to make a winning entry: LABC Awards 2017 to give your entry a better chance of winning.