Skip to main content
You are here
Why use local authority building control?
Five reasons why local authority building control gives you peace of mind
- We work for local authorities and are independent, so our advice is always impartial.
- Our network includes all local authorities representing a total of 3,000 professional building surveyors and technical support staff. This means that we can give fast local support to any customer anywhere and regularly work with planners, conservation officers, access officers, fire services, highways and other organisations whose input might be required.
- Local authority building control is a ‘not-for-profit’ service and we offer competitive fees for doing a really good job. We are always there, even when things get difficult or the unexpected happens.
- LABC works with manufacturers, trade bodies, professional institutions and other recognised bodies to ensure that standards are well-defined and easy to apply.
- We provide training and advice including free guidance, CPD and training events to help educate and improve the work of our members and customers. We also provide impartial help and advice direct to home owners.
Contact your local LABC